To achieve a well-balanced lifestyle, you should understand and address both your physical appearance and health. Losing weight is about much more than aesthetic concerns. Besides a boost in confidence, weight-loss can benefit any individual in several ways.
- Losing weight reduces your chance of getting diabetes. Some experts would argue that losing weight can be more effective than many diabetic medications and treatments.
- Losing weight can decrease a person's chance of developing Alzheimer's by 35%.
- Research has proven that losing weight can improve brain function and even reverse the negative effects of obesity.
- A study in the UK recently found that for every 5 kg/m2 decrease in BMI, the chance of a woman developing womb cancer would decrease by as much as 62%. The study also showed that weight loss could lower a woman's chances of developing ovarian and breast cancer.
- Losing weight will increase optimism and possibly give you a better perspective on life in general. Obese people are more likely to be depressed than those who are at a healthy weight.
Whether it be by strict dieting and exercise, prescriptions or surgery, if you are over-weight, you may want to weigh the pros and cons.